Thursday, June 15, 2017

Updates and a special announcement!

Hi everyone!

It's been busy for me and the family. Trinity is bunkering down hard to get prepared for high school in the fall of 2018. It's a very accepting and affirming place and based primarily for STEM loving students.

Trinity has also been busy becoming bit of a local celebrity here in our little state of Delaware and I couldn't be prouder of seeing her reach so many. Changing hearts and minds is what she does best and it's always an honor to witness that first hand.

If you check out the blog, I have extra links at the top where you can find everything we've done and will be doing in the near future. It's a lot of exciting stuff, let me tell you!

One of the most amazing announcements to share is....*drum roll*

Trin and I are now being represented by Naomi Davis of Inkling Literary Agency for two picture books we wrote together titled, "Trinity's Truth & Trinity's Question". We are SUPER excited!


Trinity was also featured in a two part documentation of her life with our local news paper which was then picked up by USA Today (you can find the link on the Advocacy Work page).


Trin has also started estrogen and I've seen such an amazing change in her behavior. She's confident, stronger (she's always been strong but a pure sense of self), and simply the girl, well young woman, she's always known herself to be. 



On my end, I've been lobbying for LGBTQ  youth and their rights in DC and in my own state, gave testimony to ban conversion therapy. This past Sunday, my state held an Equality march to coincide with the Capitol Pride march in DC. I had the honor of being a guest speaker.








So that's some of everything for now. I'll update as more amazing news happens! Thanks everyone for standing in support for Trinity and our family.





No comments: