Thursday, March 6, 2014

Just like you

You know, over the years, I've been asked some pretty interesting questions in regard to my daughter being transgender.

Queries such as:


  • What bathroom does your child go to?
  • How can a child know if they're a boy or girl?
And my favorite...
  • Why don't you just beat the right way into your child?

I know right? WTF?? Especially to that last one. But recently, I started getting a very unusual question from those who learn that I'm the mother of a transgender little girl. 

"How do you take care of it?" 

That's right. 'It'. She doesn't even get a gender. 

I'm going to lay it down in the most basic manner possible. 

She's not an 'it', she's a little girl. She's no different when it comes to teaching her anything. Taking care of her requires love, food, clothes, and ummm...yeah...more love. Simple as that. 

My daughter may be transgender, but in the end of the day, she's just like all of us. Give her the some respect. And don't call her an 'it' in my presence.


Now...because Trinity asked me to put this meme up....For the readers from my daughter with love


No comments: