Thursday, January 10, 2013

A resolution for us all: No more "what did I do?" to keep me from rising up

It has been a while since I've written and I usually like to let my readers know that means nothing negative has happened to my child and our family. Of course, a new year has begun and many of us came up with our resolutions.

Some probably chose weight loss or living a happier, healthier lifestyle. Any resolution is a good one if it's meant to bring you peace and harmony. That's what they're for, right? So for mine, I had to pause before I came up with an idea.

My New Year's Resolution?

No more "What did I do?".

For a long time, even before everything started with Trinity's social transition I always questioned every little problem that came up with my children with the classic "What did I do during pregnancy?" or "What did I do the day before?"

These questions then lead me to doubt myself as a parent which hurts my ability to well...parent.

No more will I let that keep me from taking the right path to keeping a positive light in the lives of my family, my children. That's my resolution for this year and the many to come.

I plan on watching my two boys grow into wonderful young men, and my brave little daughter becoming an even more stunning young lady.


0 comments: