Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wishes do come true!

Today was a day full of happiness, dreams come true, and a positive outlook on possibilities. Thought you'd like to know.

Trinity has started puberty. I noticed this recently, and knew this was what was causing her recent stress and anxiety. She had been having nightmares, fearing she would wake up as a boy again. She'd grow a beard, deep voice, and all the things that she feared most. I had promised her, I would do all in my power to not let that happen. I'd eat glass before I'd let her suffer any pain anymore. So, today, I had an appointment with the pediatrician. We discussed the next plan of action which will be puberty blockers.  In the American Academy of Pediatrics journal, there are guidelines for dealing with transgender children and as long as there are signs of puberty, they can start with the blocking process. The best news...it'll be covered by insurance! I'm so so happy and so is Trin. The news of this left her crying with true happiness. Something every parent loves to see really and that made me cry lol. So most likely, by the end of this year, she will be on the blockers to stop male puberty.

I want to thank all who have been supportive and loving during this journey. And I would love to continue to receive your prayers and positive thoughts as we continue on.

2 comments:

momto5 said...

<3 that is such great news!!!!

Caz said...

That's just terrific hun! I know some transgender women that would give anything to go back and prevent their male puberty from ever happening.