Thursday, August 4, 2011

They are there, you just have to open your eyes and see

Today, I ran into my kids' old bus driver. She was the one who supported Trinity when she transitioned in the middle of the school year. I know I've said I've often felt alone, and lately, I've felt even more alone as those I want to understand and back me aren't there. They don't want people to know. Sadly, one of these people is my husband. That feeling practically disappeared today when I talked with this woman I hadn't seen in almost 4 years.

She went on about how she learned so much from myself and Trinity. She used correct pronouns and she asked how my daughter was doing. It was a nice conversation, one I was shocked to be having. I haven't bumped into anyone that would remember my child before she became Trinity, and the ones that did, refuse to see her as a female. The most amazing part of this talk was that before Trin was pulled out from the school, she had given the bus driver a picture of her, a few months after transition, and one of Lucien. The bus driver told me that she still carries those pictures to this day. They are the only bus kids' pictures she has and she keeps them in her wallet. Right next to her grandchildren's pictures. It was such an amazing comment and I hugged her. She wanted to know if I had a donation page, which I'm not thinking is a good idea to do, but I told her no.

Sometimes, when a person believes they're all alone, all they have to do is open their eyes and see that there are people who care and love them. I bumped into that person today and I'm so glad that she got to be apart of Trinity's life.

0 comments: