Friday, April 22, 2011

Girls are harder...

I'm sure many, with daughters, have heard this comment and I was no different when Trinity transitioned and I told my family. The only thing is now is that I've known her as a boy and a girl. Hell, I went through the terrible twos and horrific threes before she transitioned. And I'm going to be honest, I haven't seen a difference between her and her brother, Lucien. They are only 17 months apart and I am able to say, they both make me want to rip my hair out sometimes. And that brings me to say, girls or boys are not easier or harder. Kids in general are hard and sometimes easy, like, when they're sleeping.

I was once asked if I felt like Trinity would be double hard to deal with because of her split brain. Yes, supposedly she has a split brain because she's transgender. Lovely. But my answer is always the same when I hear someone say that boys are easier than girls or that girls are easier than boys. She's as hard to deal with as her brother is. And I do hate comparing children. They all suck on some days! :D

2 comments:

momma said...

"They all suck on some days! :D" I literally lol here. As a mom of 4 girls and I boy, I have to agree, about the same level of difficulty. That may change when they are teenagers...I guess we will see.

Maru Uni said...

i really dont think that girls are harder than boys. i think each individual child is just that... an individual child, and should be treated individually. :)