Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ballet has begun!

Now normally, Trinity is full of grins, but it was pretty chilly yesterday before dance so she has that "I'm cold, get me inside now" face. Memo to self that I remember her sweatshirt next time. This was a hard task for me, as this is a new dance school and they do not have the parents wait for the children. Instead, I dropped her off (the teacher was informed about her) and left to wait for an hour and a half.

I had to not look nervous as I didn't want to stress her out, but I felt it as I waited, yet when it was time to wait in front of the school for the little dancers, she was my last one out and the smile on her face soothed my fears about how she would fit in with the other biological girls. It's hard to believe that only a few years ago all we lived with was a very quiet, depressed little boy, but that's long gone and the beautiful, sometimes dramatic, little girl is the true child we were meant to have.

My note to parents, with or without children like my daughter, I say: As long as you have children, no matter their age, listen to them, hear them. Not only with your ears, but with your eyes and heart. Whatever those parenting books tell you what not to do, your heart will know, even if it's hard to listen to it what it has to say.


Chilly while waiting for dance to start

0 comments: