Monday, June 21, 2010

Your letter, From Mom

Dear Trinity,

So many moms wish for health, success, and happiness for their children. And I wish this as well for you. But, my wish goes a bit further as there are so many other things I wish I could give that I just can not. So here for you is my letter, from mom, to read when you are on your own, but needing to hear my voice.

My beautiful child, boy or girl, that never mattered to me. I wish I could take you back in to my body and use that "super mom" ability you believe I have to make you whole. I wish that when you look at me, you don't feel the need to question "when will it be your turn". I wish my words of how special you are could be enough to make you never feel an ounce of despair. 

My sweet daughter, I wish I was stronger than any of the hurtful words, the lack of support from those that you need it from most, and the tears that flow when it becomes too much. I wish I was THE mother who had all the answers and didn't fail you in the fact that your body is not what you wanted.

My Trinity, as much as I wish, all I can give you is my unconditional love, support, and advocacy. I will not stop that for all the money in the world as you were not just my gift and blessing, but also my truth into what being true to oneself really is.

Forgive me, my love, for what I can not give. But know that I will do all that I can to see to it you do get it one day.

Love forever and unconditionally,

Mom

1 comments:

mamachrista said...

That letter really touched my heart. We all feel this passionate, unconditional love for our children and to watch any situation we cannot control hurt our children is like no pain in this world. In a way, all mothers can know what you're experiencing because you cannot fix it but the depth of it...I can't fathom it. Trinity is so lucky to have such a supportive family.