Thursday, September 3, 2009

Indecision is one of my biggest pet peeves

It has been over a year now since Trinity's social transition and my mother and family STILL flip flop from being supportive to being doubtful that this is something really going on. It's not helpful for any of us here! I sometimes can not understand how accepting your family, no matter how different they are, is the hardest thing to do for some people, but it is.

What is really getting to me, is the question of, "what did you do that has made your child this way?" and "I think it's odd that you're the only one out of all of us in the family with this problem." First of all, it took me quite some time to realize this had NOTHING to do with me thank you very much. And secondly, she is NOT a problem nor what she is a problem.

I just want to say, you're either in or out. You can't be in the middle after a year of learning, researching, and witnessing this. Figure it out guys!

0 comments: