Monday, August 31, 2009

And so it begins...

Homeschooling. My newest challenge. But I know that this was the best decision we made for our children. Especially Trinity. A few days ago, we received a letter from the school with her homeroom and bus information and what did we find? N., Xavier (male) on both cards. She would have been wearing the bus card for the next week on her clothes and the older kids that would have been riding the bus with her would have made her life hell.

Of course, I was more angry about the fact that I had told them to take her out of the system. And what did I find out? That they "lost" the letter from the Department of Education and needed me to bring in my copy so they could make their own copy. Argh! But I did do this and strangely I got to meet the teacher that would have been Trinity's teacher. She kept saying "Xavier" and "He" and I kept correcting her. Finally she said that she felt uncomfortable calling an obviously male born child a female. It was right then and there I knew that this was for the best. I can't even begin to imagine the suffering Trinity would have went through and I'm glad that she doesn't have to now.

So tomorrow, we start learning and though I know it will be trial and error, it will be wonderful and my kids will thrive better than they were in school.

0 comments: